Marine Industries Association of South Florida issued the bridge closure schedule for South Florida:
Starting at 12:00 p.m. on Friday, ALL bridges on the New River, Miami River, and Intracoastal Waterway in Broward County, Florida will begin lockdown based on the current track of Hurricane Irma.
The Virgin Islands Consortium posted a report that Hurricane Irma “ravaged through St. Martin and Anguilla, leaving homes without roofs, vehicles destroyed, and the St. Martin airport with immense damage.”
The news on website viconsortium.com stated that storm warnings for Guadeloupe, Antigua, Barbuda, St. Kitts, Nevis, and Montserrat have been discontinued.
A hurricane warning remains in effect for:
- Saba, St. Eustatius, and Sint Maarten
- Saint Martin and Saint Barthelemy
- British Virgin Islands
- S. Virgin Islands
- Puerto Rico, Vieques, and Culebra
- Dominican Republic from Cabo Engano to the northern border with
- Haiti from the northern border with the Dominican Republic to Le
- Mole St. Nicholas
- Southeastern Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Cuba from Matanzas province eastward to Guantanamo province
- Central Bahamas